Saturday, September 15, 2012

Urban Ag Fair in Jamaica Plain, MA tomorrow morning!

Just a quick note to let y'all know that there will be an Urban Ag Fair in JP tomorrow morning at the relatively-new Agricultural Hall, just a few blocks from the Stony Brook T stop! 


The fair is from 9am-1pm, and there will be contests for a wide variety of produce, including eggs and pies (NOM), so send in your entry form by 6pm tonight! 


I'll be there for a while too... I may even have an egg entered in the contest.  :D

1 comment:

  1. hi, I and my girlfriend recently met you at a little fair in Somerville. We talked a little bit about what to tell landlords who are not so into the idea of having backyard chickens. I was wondering if you could send me some literature to back up my request. Such as, how rodents would be kept away, how or why it wouldn't disturb neighbors (or how the law protects you if you do). We also discussed having some kind of forum or msg board about having landlords announce via internet that they are cool with having backyard hens so people know they will be able to have them before signing a lease. If I can help make that idea a reality, let me know. I'll contact Somerville Urban Ag. Could you please send me an email at bassforyourface@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete